Medical supervision is extremely important when losing weight and prior to embarking on ANY weight loss plan and/or exercise plan, please consult a health professional who will be able to assist you accordingly, based on their knowledge of your personal medical history.
Prior to being able to complete your purchase with us you are required to read and agree to our "Medical Statement, Guidance & Disclaimer" below. As a Registered internet weight loss company your continued good health is your responsibility.
The KeeDiet® Medical Statement ....
By completing your first purchase you have confirmed that you have read and agreed with the statements below and checked suitability of our products, Very Low Calorie Dieting (VLCD) or following a specific weight loss plan is suitable for you with your Doctor, that you are in good health and your Doctor has approved and is willing to offer their support and regular health checks. If at anytime after your initial registration with us your health changes, we understand that you will stop following your diet plan and seek medical advice to re-confirm suitability again with your Doctor. Failing to take professional medical advice for your chosen weight loss plan could lead to medical complications, long term ill health and in certain extreme situations death.
KeeDiet® care about you, and you health. So before starting any KeeDiet® weight loss plan, you MUST speak with you Doctor. This is specifically important if you have a BMI 40+, a medical condition or are using any prescribed medication. In these circumstances replacing daily meals with our products, VLCD dieting or even following a low sugar, low carbohydrate weight loss may not be suitable for you. Your medication may need careful monitoring or adjusting and your blood pressure may also need monitoring.
Please now ensure your weight loss with us is safe, by reading and agreeing to our "Medical Guidance" points 1-3 below and agree to our "Medical Disclaimer" below
1. Do you have or have you suffered from the following ... If answering yes to any of the below conditions, then a VLCD weight loss plan (or possibly a low sugar, low carbohydrate meal replacement diet plan) is considered NOT suitable for you. Please consult your GP or a Medical Professional who will be able to recommend a more suitable weight loss plan that will support your need to lose weight
- Epilepsy, seizures, convulsions
- Total lactose intolerance
- A heart condition, heart failure, arrhythmia, valve disease that requires treatment, severe kidney disorder, liver disease
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Major depressive disorder including: schizophrenia, delusional disorder, psychotic episode, bi-polar disorder
- Current active Anorexia, Bulimia - or if you are undertaking treatment for any other eating disorder.
- Currently taking anti-obesity medication.
- Thrombosis (currently taking medication for this also)
- Currently pregnant
- Given birth (or miscarried) within last 3 months
- Any serious illness, trauma or injury/surgery within last 3 months
- Active Cancer
- If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 70
2. Special Precaution.... If answering yes to any of the statements below you MAY BE suitable to use KeeDiet® weight loss plans and products, but it is imperative that you first seek professional medical agreement and support and understand that it is important to only follow your weight loss plan with regular professional medical supervision.
- Diet controlled Diabetes - Type 2 - Insulin Medication - Biguanides (Metformin or Glucophage) - Other Diabetes medication.
- Taking Diuretics not associated with heart, liver or kidney disease
- Suffering or have a history of Gout
- Suffering or prescribed Hypertension medication
- Have a history of Gallstones, Constipation, Kidney Stones/Disease, Hypoglycemia, and Depression.
- Prescribed and taking Infertility medication
- Prescribed or taking moderate to strong pain relief
- Prescribed or receiving Psoriasis tablets / injection
- Prescribed Cancer medication.
- Phenylketonuria (may need to avoid aspartame products)
- Postural hypotension (drink plenty of regular water and get up slowly from a sitting/lying position).
- Lactose intolerance
- Anyone that has attended hospital for treatment in the last 12 months
3. Possible Side Effects.... Please be aware that not all, but some clients may experience some or all of the following
- Feeling cold
- Dry mouth
- Hair Shedding
- Risk of gallstone formation
- For further information regarding possible side effects and questions we are regularly asked view our FAQ Page
By completing your order you are agreeing that you have read the information above and understand that your personal health is solely your responsibility and agree that whilst dieting and purchasing products from The KeeDiet®
- You will have regular medical reviews with my Doctor to assess any medication and confirm my continued good health.
- Accept that by purchasing products to follow any KeeDiet® weight loss plan, you are confirming that you have consulted your GP and received their consent and support to monitor your progress and organize changes to medication if necessary.
- Understand and accept that any advice or support provided by the KeeDiet® staff, via their web store, email, telephone or literature is NOT provided by medically trained person(s) and should therefore only be used as guidance, reference and confirmed with your GP or a medically trained professional.
- All information is provided by KeeDiet to client’s is for their discretion and sole risk and information offered is intended for people in good health.
- Understand that when following a very low calorie diet or a low calorie diet, you may experience minor temporary side effects.
- Agree that whilst using any KeeDiet® weight loss plan, if concerned about your health, health status or medication changes, or you become unwell whilst following any KeeDiet® weight loss plan you will stop using/following and visit/inform my Doctor of the details of my Weight Loss Plan.
- Agree that if you are due to undergo any surgery or investigations or start a new course of treatment whilst following any KeeDiet® Weight Loss Plan you will gain the agreement of Doctor before you continue or start any KeeDiet® Plan.
- Agree that you have read and understand the statements above